LCC International University invites applications for the position of promotion-track, full-time professor to begin in fall semester 2021. The job includes overseeing curriculum of the writing program, mentoring instructors, teaching writing courses, and directing a Writing Center.
LCC International University is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English and our almost 700 students come from 50 countries for an education with a Christian worldview.
- Oversee the curriculum and teach first year academic writing courses
- Design advanced writing and creative writing courses
- Develop and mentor a team of writing instructors
- Collaborate with the Student Success Center to direct a Writing Center designed to help all students with their academic writing and beginning research skills
- MA or PhD in TESOL, English, rhetoric, applied linguistics, or related field
- 2-3 years of teaching experience
- Experience teaching writing to non-native English speakers in an academic setting
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a highly diverse international context
- Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred
- Commitment to liberal arts education within a diverse international context
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.
The English Department offers the following degree program: BA in English Language and Literature, and MA in TESOL. The department also houses the PRIME program – an intensive English program for pre-university students, and also the ELI program which offers language programs for the local community. Because of the international nature of the student body, there is especially ample opportunity for research in the areas of applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, writing instruction, and language acquisition.