Adelante is a self-sufficiency and transitional living program for homeless families in the San Luis Valley. The two year intensive program supports families and their children in gaining the skills, experiences, and social connections that will help them achieve self-sufficiency.
Adelante Case Manager provides support to all families participating in the program. Services may include case management, advocacy, housing placement, crisis intervention, job training and employment assistance, information and referral, home visiting, and life skills coaching.
Position requires to serve all qualified families and to work with families who are under emotional and financial distress. In-state travel including occasional overnight trips may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by ALL employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities.
- Screen candidates, provide description of program to persons calling and walks-in, set-up appointments (advice applicants of necessary paper work for processing), complete client intake according to Adelante and HUD guidelines.
- House clients, establish relationship with landlords, complete lease-up paperwork as regulated by HUD standards, and contact CCH assistance when applicable.
- Provide housing orientation, coordinate/schedule HUD certified home inspections, and complete exit home inspections
- Provide case management
- Responsible for completing weekly home visits and accompanying paperwork (case notes, work agreements, warning notices).
- Assess families' needs, assist families on setting weekly realistic goals, and evaluate families' progress.
- Connect families with appropriate resources, classes, and information that will assist them in reaching their goals.
- Complete monthly budgets and provide financial tips to families.
- Coordinate Life Skills classes
- Plan weekly class topics.
- Recruit community speakers.
- Record weekly attendance.
- Facilitate Life Skills classes.
- Record rent and deposit payments into log book, write client/organization receipts, client past due rent notices and give to appropriate Case Manager.
- Attend weekly Drug Court Team meetings and provide input.
- Obtain from Case managers and input all program clients' data into HMIS database system.
- Assist with program public relations, including submitting La Puente newsletter articles.
- Compose thank you notes to Life Skills presenters.
- Coordination with PALS: regular communication regarding shared families.
- Participate in program administration:
- La Puente staff meetings- monthly
- Program staff meetings- weekly
- Submit monthly statistics to Grant-writer, Adelante director, and Administration
- Keep all forms updated
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences, social work or a related field, and two (2) years of case management or counseling experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to the mission of the program and its impact on the community
- Knowledge and interest in working with diverse groups of people and homeless families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability, public speaking and event planning.
- Community organizing and mobilization skills, projects and multi-task management.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience writing and/or managing grants.
- Some Spanish language skills.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Case Managers may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the program and the organization.
|Mennonite Voluntary Service||Mennonite Voluntary Service||<p><strong class="ms-rteFontSize-4">Serve in community</strong><br></p><p>Join
an intentional community with peers, serve with a local nonprofit, and
plug into your neighborhood and local congregation</p><p>MVS <span><span>is a program of Mennonite Mission Network.</span></span><br> </p>|
|https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service, https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service||https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service, https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service|