- Bachelor's degree required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Basic knowledge of the medical environment and medical terminology.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Good communication skills (written and oral), pleasant telephone manner, and the ability to use electronic medical records required.
- Basic knowledge of data base and spread sheet development.
This position will be under the administrative supervision of the Clinical Coordinator.
The position abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies, as well as UHC policies and procedures.
This position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organizational relationships that may be part of the work of this individual.
The incumbent will be able to move easily about the health center, and to and from the health center to meetings in other locations within the community or at another Unity location.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Must be physically able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to bend, lift, and carry files from one location to another.
- Must have visual acuity and the ability to differentiate colors, and sustain long periods of computer usage.
- May sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk or in an automobile and/or may use the telephone for long periods of time.
- The office environment may be stressful with multiple, time-sensitive tasks to be accomplished within a short period of time.
- Must be able to work any time of the day, independently with minimal supervision, be capable of making sound business decisions, and be detail oriented, alert and self-motivated.
- Must be able to effectively manage difficult situations, staff, and customers.
The position involves everyday risk and discomforts, which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training rooms, and other UHC health Care Sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated. The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organization relationships that may be a part of the work of this individual. All medical services shall be provided according to medically accepted community standards of care. The employee shall provide evidence of a recent (within the past twelve (12) months) health assessment that includes a PPD and/or chest x-ray results.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.