This position is a joint position shared between Rainbow Mennonite Church and Sharing Community in Rosedale, a nonprofit started by the church. All work will take place in the Rosedale neighborhood of Kansas City, KS where the MVS unit is located.
This MVS volunteer will be responsible for communicating directly with other volunteers from the respective organizations on occasion and will need to interact with children and youth on a regular basis. There is a lot of potential for building relationships with youth in this job, including on trips, sharing meals, in the classroom, and just having fun! It would be a great job for anyone interested in education or youth ministry.
The ins and outs of each day will change a lot throughout the course of the year and will vary depending on the events happening at the time so it is a great opportunity to be flexible and learn about event planning and youth in different settings.
The supervision for the position would be provided by the Executive Director of Sharing Community in Rosedale and the Youth and Outreach Ministries Director of Rainbow Mennonite Church.
Sharing Community in Rosedale Responsibilities:
- Assist with the Wednesday afterschool program at the local middle school
- Help the research of/providing ideas for the curriculum for afterschool and summer programs.
- Work with the summer program, including working with students, administrative tasks, and planning.
- Assist in the administrative duties of afterschool programing, including keeping track of attendance and performance metrics
- Manage SCR's social media including blog and Facebook
Rainbow Mennonite Church Responsibilities
This position would assist staff and volunteers with the faith formation and outreach ministry of RMC.
Tasks for the faith formation portion would include:
- Teaching Sunday School
- Researching and review potential curriculum options for Sunday School and Youth Group
- Nurturing relationships with youth through regular activities.
Tasks for the outreach portion would include:
- Coordinating the BackSnack program
- Helping with the Crossline Christmas Store
- Coordinating playground events
- Working with volunteers in the Rainbow Community Garden
- Some college and/or relevant work experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to work well as part of a team and with diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience working with children and/or schools
- Commitment to mission of the Sharing Community and Rosedale and Rainbow Mennonite Church
|Mennonite Voluntary Service||Mennonite Voluntary Service||<p><strong class="ms-rteFontSize-4">Serve in community</strong><br></p><p>Join
an intentional community with peers, serve with a local nonprofit, and
plug into your neighborhood and local congregation</p><p>MVS <span><span>is a program of Mennonite Mission Network.</span></span><br> </p>|
|https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service, https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service||https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service, https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service|