The teacher's primary function is to do everything possible so that each student learns. Teachers instruct students in the areas set forth in the school's curriculum, within the spirit of the school's mission statement, and in relation to the school's philosophy and objectives.
Scope of Duties
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete and accurate as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties required. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Shall model and give witness to the Christian faith with the integrity, character, and enthusiasm of a disciple of Jesus Christ, giving ultimate concern for the spiritual lives of all students, families and other staff members.
2. Shall create an environment conducive to learning through a climate of respect, appropriate classroom procedures, and management of student behavior.
3. Shall contribute to a positive school climate (attendance at events, positive support of the school program, etc.)
4. Shall be responsible for all policies and procedures as listed in the faculty handbook.
5. Shall support and enforce school rules as set forth in the student handbook.
6. Shall serve as an in-house substitute teacher, subject to a variety of subjects and grade levels taking full responsibility of the classroom, as needed.
This job requires the ability to climb stairs in the school building and the ability to work on many projects at the same time through ongoing interruptions.
The teacher shall be a member in good standing of a Christian congregation. He/She shall have earned at least a Bachelor's degree in secondary education or in his/her subject area, and be at least provisionally certified by the state in which the degree was achieved or the state in which the applicant lives. He/She will have demonstrated skills in communication and classroom management.
Martin Luther School – 60-02 Maspeth Ave, Maspeth, NY (Queens)
MVS Unit - 314 E 19th St, New York, NY (Manhattan)
|Mennonite Voluntary Service||Mennonite Voluntary Service||<p><strong class="ms-rteFontSize-4">Serve in community</strong><br></p><p>Join
an intentional community with peers, serve with a local nonprofit, and
plug into your neighborhood and local congregation</p><p>MVS <span><span>is a program of Mennonite Mission Network.</span></span><br> </p>|
|https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service, https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service||https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service, https://www.mennonitemission.net/Serve/Mennonite Voluntary Service|